Frontier Bargaining Update - September 14, 2022
Today, both Bargaining Committees met to discuss Frontier’s counter proposal addressing the following topics conveyed in Friday’s update.
● Job Security - life of the agreement
○ Frontier’s explanation of their counter proposal is that the contractual language will mirror the original language from the 2015 Acquisition MOA based on the Union’s proposal, life of the agreement. - - Positive Movement!
● ISP & EISP
○ Frontier’s explanation of the counter is that ISP will remain as is, they will accept the terms of our proposal to addan Enhanced ISP offer if a surplus/layoff is declared. - - Positive Movement!
● Frontier introduced adding another year to the contract, expiration September 2025
○ Frontier made a proposal of an additional year based on the fact we’re still at the
bargaining table more than a year after the expiration.
● Wage proposal - 13.5% life of the agreement
○ Frontier’s counter and rationale is they would offer 3.5% for the last year of the contract (new expiration date).
● TPA - extended one-year, final payout 2023
○ Frontier’s conveyed they don’t want to extend the TPA; however, with the Union continuously proposing the TPA, Frontier is willing to payout another year (2022, payout in 2023).
● Medical contribution - remain as is from the original tentative agreement, no contribution change for the 2022-year (no change due to bargaining), 2023-year is the $15/$30 formula,
2024-year and 2025-year is the $20/$40 formula.
○ Frontier added the medical contribution proposal to incorporate their proposed additional year to the contract.
● Health Net - opt-in from EPO
○ Frontier has not changed their position with regards to accepting the Union’s proposal permitting Members the opportunity to change their coverage. - - No change from original post tentative agreement proposal, Positive Movement!
● Juneteenth holiday
○ Frontier has not changed their position with regards to accepting the Union’s proposal adding the additional holiday. - - No change from original post tentative agreement proposal, Positive Movement!
● Business attire - option to order apparel 7 shorts & 7 pants
○ Frontier has not changed from their proposal of supplying pants, and continues to agree with the Union’s counter of adding shorts as an available option. - - No change from original post tentative agreement proposal
● Work at Home survey (opt-in / out)
○ Frontier continues to agree with the Union’s proposal of sending out a survey addressing Member’s choice to remain on the Work at Home MOA or return to the office. - - No change from original post tentative agreement proposal
● California Sales & Service Center Call Routing - expires January 2024
○ The Union countered Frontier’s counter proposal expiration date January 2024 with having all expiration dates mirror the contract expiration date of September 6, 2024. Frontier countered with moving the expiration date from January 2024 to August 31,
● Call Center Ops Commitment - expires December 2024.
○ Frontier’s explanation of their counter is December 2024 is the agreed upon expiration
date spelled out in the CPUC settlement with TURN and CWA.
Both Committees agreed to recess regarding counter proposals addressing call center commitments/agreements. The Union is seeing positive movement from Frontier's committee, and we THANK the Membership for continuing to remain engaged throughout negotiations!